What better time than the present moment, to start becoming the best version of ourselves. Let’s start loving ourselves and caring for ourselves like never before.
Let’s start focusing more on enjoying the present moment and living our ideal day, instead of moving onto the next focus straight away without even feeling how good the present moment is. We would love to share our top ten tips to a healthier you. It’s our aim to encourage you to live a life you love, to wholeheartedly believe in yourself and to follow your dreams.
"Our greatest wealth is our health!"
Tip number one is nourishment through food, eating healthy is one of the main ways you can implement self care and self love. By fuelling your body with good foods, not only will you increase your energy, but you’ll also increase your mood. A high percentage of the body’s serotonin is produced in the gut, a happy healthy gut = a happy healthy human. Serotonin is the key hormone that stabilises our mood, feelings of well-being and happiness.
How can I nourish my body more?
- Eat a range of whole-foods, focus on natural and colourful fruits and veggies.
- Make sure you’re getting your essential macro and micro nutrients.
- Ensure you’re getting enough protein and carbs as they’re both essential for your muscles and brain to function.
"Move your body because you love it, not because you hate it!"
Tip number two is movement and exercise. Moving your body causes your body to release natural endorphins which give you that feel-good emotion. Alongside that, exercise can improve your overall health, including lowering blood pressure, improving heart function and reducing feelings of anxiety and depression. Something we believe to be EXTREMELY important is that you are enjoying your exercise, there’s nothing worse than forcing yourself through a session you absolutely hate. Finding a way to move your body in which you enjoy is just as important.
How can I move my body more?
- Take up a new sport or reignite an old passion.
- Go for walks and increase your step count.
- Get outdoors and go on adventures in nature.
Establishing Morning & Nightly Routines
"If you win the morning, you win the day!"
Tip number three is establishing morning and nightly routines. We believe that having a morning routine is important as it sets you up for the day and the energy you carry in the morning then flows on through your daily activities. Having a nightly routine is important because it allows you to wind down after a busy day and can set you up for a good quality sleep. Alongside this, we believe that it’s good to have some alone time, some time to implement self care and fill up your own cup; these are perfect times for this.
Some ideas for your morning routine:
- Making your bed upon waking.
- Affirmations and gratitudes, either out loud in the mirror or written in a journal.
- Spend some time outdoors, even if it’s just 5 minutes and embrace nature and the beauty around us.
Some ideas for your nightly routine:
- Have a set time where you turn off all technology and start winding down.
- Dim your lights, turn on some candles and start relaxing.
- Do something to unwind, reading, journaling and meditating are all amazing habits to implement.
"Sleep is the best meditation!"
Tip number four is all about the importance of sleep. Getting enough quality sleep has an impact on your life in so many ways, it allows us to recharge and maintain a healthy body and mind! In order to be physically healthy and mentally healthy this is a key part of life and a lot of the time it’s not prioritised as much as it should be.
How can I improve my sleep more?
- Create a sleep schedule where you sleep and wake at roughly the same time each day.
- Create a restful, calm environment.
- Manage stress and worry to ensure you are avoiding overthinking.
"A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset!"
Tip number five is to start implementing mindfulness into your life, start becoming more present in the moment and spending time finding stillness within. By incorporating mindfulness practices into our daily life we can regulate our emotions, decrease stress and anxiety and it can help us to truly recognise how we are feeling.
What are some mindfulness activities?
- Practicing yoga or meditation.
- Sitting in nature and noticing all the feelings you can sense, what you can hear, see, smell, taste and touch.
- Practicing journaling daily.
"Drink more water!"
Tip number six is all about hydration! Drinking more water helps your body in so many ways. Not only does is have a positive impact on your physical appearance with your skin health and glow, but it benefits your inside a lot as well. It regulates your body temperature, aids digestion, maintains blood pressure, delivers oxygen throughout the body and so much more.
How can I stay more hydrated?
- Make sure to carry a drink bottle around with you everywhere.
- Set a daily hydration goal.
- Replace other drinks with water.
"Conscious breathing heightens awareness and deepens relaxation!"
Tip number seven focuses on conscious breathing. Breath-work is another practice that isn’t prioritised as much as it should be. Conscious breathing can bring improvements to our emotional state as well as decreasing levels of stress and increasing levels of energy. Of course, we all breathe all day everyday subconsciously but conscious breathing is a powerful tool we love to implement into our lives to improve self awareness and self healing.
How can I start implementing breath-work?
- Find a breath-work practice you enjoy, it’s important to follow a breath-work practice that works for you.
- Educate yourself, do research on the different types of breath-work and what each type can do for you.
- Attend an online or in person breath-work workshop.
"The way you talk to yourself creates your reality!"
Tip number eight is all about speaking to yourself in a positive way. Not only does positive self-talk boost confidence but it also increases your self-worth, motivation and passion for life. We become accustomed to saying negative things about ourselves or to ourselves, it’s time to break that habit and start positively speaking to yourself. Remember : speak to yourself the way you’d speak to someone you love and care about.
Tips for implementing positive self-talk:
- Identify where you are speaking negatively to yourself and create a positive affirmation in replacement. Every-time you go to say the negative thought, switch it out for your new affirmation.
- Check in with your feelings, stop and spend a few minutes in silence really noticing how you feel.
- Surround yourself with positive people, see the next tip for more on this.
Immersing in an Uplifting Environment
"Create a positive space around you, even if it’s in your mind!"
Tip number nine is all about your environments. Your physical environment, your home environment, your social media and your friend group are all spaces you want to be uplifting and positive. It’s important to notice if you are currently in a toxic or negative environment and implement small steps in changing this.
Tips for creating a positive environment:
- Do a social media detox, unfollow any negative accounts, start following more positive hashtags and remove any followers that bring negativity.
- Start surrounding yourself with friends and family that encourage you to become the best version of you.
- Organise your space, declutter and clear out. Make your room, office, house or desk a place that brings you joy and peace. It doesn’t have to be extreme, maybe just light a scented candle or make your bed..it’s the little things!
Living in Alignment
"The closer you are to alignment, the calmer life feels!"
Tip number ten focuses on alignment and finding your values. Living in alignment is when everything feels in flow, opportunities are showing themselves to you, you’re happy and calm and just feel absolutely amazing. A starting point for getting in alignment is figuring our what your values are and then living into them as much as you can. Living into your values will help you to make decisions that truly resonate with you, in turn pointing you in the direction for becoming your best self.
Tips for finding your alignment:
- Do more of the things that light you up, have fun and make it a priority!
- Find out what your 3-5 top values are and write down how you can live into these more.
- Spend time alone, listening to your thoughts and feelings - let yourself be guided by these thoughts and feelings.